Nano Ontario is a not-for-profit organization that represents the interests of academic, government, industrial, and finance community members in the development of nanotechnologies in Ontario. Nano Ontario's members work together to raise the profile, increase the research, build the investment and drive economic returns from nanotechnology in the province and across Canada.
- - Nano Ontario is a trusted source of information for all nanoscience and nanotechnology activity in Ontario.
- - Nano Ontario can advise government organizations on economic opportunity, policy, standards & regulations that nanotechnology can offer, to enable Ontario to benefit and capitalize from its nano research, development, and commercial capacity.
- - Maps Ontario’s capacity in nanotechnology research, development, and commercialization.
- - Serve as the main point of contact for Ontario’s community of practice in nanoscience & nanotechnology.
- - Builds and facilitates new connections between nanotechnology groups in universities, government organizations and industries within Ontario, across Canada, and internationally.
- - Coordinates public outreach activities to advocate the societal benefits enabled by nanoscience and nanotechnology.
Nano Ontario Executive committee
Francois Lagugne-Labarthet - Chair, Board of Directors
Peter Mascher - Vice-Chair, Board of Directors
Hind Al-Abadleh - Treasurer and Secretary
Nano Ontario Committees
Robert Crawhall - Industry Relations
Roman Maev - Government Liaison
Brian Haydon, Hind Al-Abadleh - Standards and Regulations Committee
Francois Lagugné-Labarthet, Gilbert Walker - Academic Liaison
Private Sector Members
Malcom Eade – Spectra Plasmonics
Jeffrey Carson –Spectral Devices Inc.
Phil Whiting-Mirexus Biotechnologies
Babak Shokouhi –Nanodevice Solutions
Gordon Harling- -CMC Microsystems
Gary Economo-Graphoid Inc.
Hamdy Khalil–Woodbridge Foam Corp..
Robert Crawhall – Innoxec Consulting Inc.
Brian Haydon – Canadian Standards Association
François Lagugné-Labarthet – Western University
Peter Mascher - McMaster University
Sushanta Mitra – Waterloo Institute of Nanotechnology
Hind Al-Abadleh – Wilfrid Laurier
Simone Pisana - York University
Louis Barriault – University of Ottawa
Maria De Rosa – Carleton University
John Dutcher – University of Guelph
Mehdi Sheikhzadeh – Lambton College
Roman Maev – University of Windsor
Jean Michel Nunzi – Queen's University
Adnan Syed – Ryerson University
Stefania Impellizzeri – Ryerson University
Gilbert Walker – University of Toronto